This position is accountable for day-to-day maintenance operations of a multi-family housing project and the achievement of basic property maintenance goals. The Maintenance Technician position is primarily responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the property per company operating and safety standards and ensuring that service requests, work orders and repairs are performed correctly and in a timely manner. The Maintenance Technician will perform repairs and maintenance throughout the property to include tenant residences, common areas and grounds. This position represents the property owners and Viridian Management to both residents and the public.
Reports to: Site Manager
Rate of Pay: $16.00 to $18.00 Depending on experience
Directs: Typically no direct reports.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 6-months to 1-years' experience with basic apartment repairs preferred.
- Valid driver's license and insurance.
- Legally qualified to work in the US.
- Own tools and vehicle.
Syllabus Req :
- Commence and complete Viridian Maintenance Technician Syllabus within one-year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining the required uniform (Viridian logo shirt and/or ballcap), identification badge and a professional appearance at all times.
- Check-in daily with the site manager at the designated time. Maintain communication, make all meetings, and assist the site manager for planning upcoming routine maintenance and unit turns. Complete written and verbal work orders as requested by site manager.
- Keep storage and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean and organized manner.
- Conduct property walks and be able to identify and report issues and hazards that need to be corrected.
- Responsible for the efficient general repair, upkeep and cleanliness of the property grounds including:
- landscaping (grass cutting and weeding)
- building exteriors
- trash and pet litter removal
- curb appeal
- power washing
- painting exterior walls and trim
- snow removal (as required)
- basic maintenance of building plumbing and electrical systems after completing the applicable training syllabus
- repair or patch building brick, stone, concrete and wood parts
- maintain irrigation systems
- maintain fire/life safety systems
- perform maintenance on small engine equipment and tools (if applicable).
- Responsible for the general repair, upkeep and cleanliness of property common areas.
- Assists site manager in organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance requests. Complete all tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback to site manager.
- Responsible for pre-inspecting, planning, organizing materials, and executing unit turns upon unit vacancy. Tasks may include painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and drywall repair as necessary.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or management company.
- Responsible for property maintenance tasks and timely response to property service requests. Maintain supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by the property.
- Demonstrate a courteous and efficient response to service requests.
- Be familiar with the following:
- Viridian Employee handbook and policies
- Viridian Maintenance manual
- Viridian Safety manual
- Landlord/tenant law
- Fair Housing policies
- Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) policies
- Basic overview of Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards
- Be able to work on an on-call basis, to include overtime and weekends if necessary (if hired full-time).
- Take all reasonable efforts to ensure Viridian complies with all state, federal, local and construction code laws and regulations.
- Assist site manager with unit Move-Out and Quarterly Unit Inspections with Inspect Check software.
- Complete follow-up inspections and repairs to units with Inspect Check software.
- Complete all work orders as assigned in Yardi management software.
- Routinely check and respond to company email using Gmail software.
Performance and proficiency standards- To perform the job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following competency standards:
- Take every measure to protect tenant, client and employee personal information.
- Maintain respectful, productive relationships with vendors, tenants and staff.
- Preplan orders and purchases to ensure timely arrival.
- Complete essential tasks on time and thoroughly.
- Seek out further education and advanced certifications that inform your job and better serve the company. Exhibit a willingness to learn.
- Work in a safe manner with regard to OSHA guidelines and all company policies.
- Attend all required training classes and seminars.
- Follow the guidelines and rules contained within the Viridian Employment Handbook and the ADP Basic Employment Policies Handbook.
- Ability to walk property and to climb and descend stairs.
- Ability to bend and kneel for sustained periods in enclosed spaces on occasion.
- Ability to frequently lift 10-30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100-pounds.
- Integrity- Act ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others. Be professional.
- Work Ethic- Understanding that if it is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Follow-through on assigned tasks until complete.
- Team Work- Ability to work with other staff in the accomplishment of a goal. Promote good relationships and mutual respect.
- Communication- Utilize clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to minimize friction and maximize cooperation.
Positive Mental Attitude- Work with the belief that together we can accomplish any task. Help others and be willing to be helped in accomplishment of the company's mission. Be friendly and courteous and strive to generate a positive mental attitude in others around you.