Job Description and Performance Objectives
This is position is accountable for assisting the site manager in the day-to-day operations of a multi-family housing project and the achievement of basic property operational goals. The Assistant Site Manager (ASM) position is primarily responsible for assisting the site manager with administrative tasks, tenant requests and maintaining regulatory compliance in the operation of the property. This position represents the property owners and Viridian Management to both the residents and the public.
Reports to: Site Manager
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and insurance.
- Legally qualified to work in the US.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Gmail
- Proficient with use of computer, fax, scanner, printer, smartphone and Samsung tablets.
- Ability to type at 30-words per minute.
- Ability to type in 10-key.
Syllabus Req :
- Commence and complete Viridian Assistant Site Manager syllabus within 3-months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Required to maintain the appropriate dress code, identification badge and a professional appearance at all times.
- Check-in daily with the site manager at the designated time. Maintain communication, make all meetings, and complete assigned tasks.
- Ensure the office is opened on schedule.
- Assist the site manager with physically walking the property on a daily basis and checking on vacant units.
- Assist the site manager with administrative tasks such as filing, answering the phone, posting notices, collecting rent and monitoring the office while the site manager is away.
- Answer or record tenant questions and requests for service. Evaluate tenant issues and make proper suggestions regarding their requests.
- Assist the site manager in welcoming and showing the property to prospective tenants.
- Assist the site manager with the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or management company.
- Keep office and storage areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, and organized manner.
- Assist the site manager with unit inspections.
- Assist the site manager with all core business processes to include: leasing, resident relations, marketing, budgeting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Be familiar with the following:
- Landlord-tenant Law
- Fair Housing policies
- Viridian Employee handbook and policies
- Regulations and Occupancy requirements for specific funding sources.
- All federal and state housing handbooks.
- Viridian Safety Manual
Performance and proficiency standards- To perform the job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following competency standards:
- Take every measure to protect tenant, client and employee personal information.
- Maintain respectful, productive relationships with vendors, tenants and staff.
- Complete essential tasks on time and thoroughly.
- Seek out further education and advanced certifications that inform your job and better serve the company. Exhibit a willingness to learn.
- Work in a safe manner with regard to OSHA guidelines and all company policies.
- Attend all required training classes and seminars.
- Follow the guidelines and rules contained within the Viridian Employment Handbook and the ADP Basic Employment Policies Handbook.
- Ability to walk property and to climb and descend stairs.
- Ability to occasionally lift 10-15 pounds.
- Integrity- Act ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others. Be professional.
- Work Ethic- Understanding that if it is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Follow-through on assigned tasks until complete.
- Team Work- Ability to work with other staff in the accomplishment of a goal. Promote good relationships and mutual respect.
- Communication- Utilize clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to minimize friction and maximize cooperation.
- Positive Mental Attitude- Work with the belief that together we can accomplish any task. Help others and be willing to be helped in accomplishment of the company's mission. Be friendly and courteous and strive to generate a positive mental attitude in others around you.