Post Date 3/26/2021
Property: Alder Court
Location: Warrenton, OR
Position Type: Apartment Community (Office)
SITE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is accountable for the day-to-day operations of several multi-family housing projects and the achievement of basic property operational and supervisory goals. The Site Manager (SM) position is primarily responsible for managing the daily operation of the properties according to company operating and safety standards and ensuring that units are leased to qualified tenants in a timely manner. The Site Manager also ensures the completion of administrative tasks, tenant requests and the maintenance of regulatory compliance in the operation of the properties. This position represents the property owners and Viridian Management to both the residents and the public.
The properties this position is responsible for are all affordable housing for low-income households. These properties participate in either the IRS Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program, or one of the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Programs.
- Alder Court (40 units) Warrenton, OR
- Canim Apartments (4 units) Warrenton, OR
- Wapati Apartments (8 units) Warrenton, OR
- Elk Creek Terrace (36 units) Cannon Beach, OR
- Sandhill Apartments (32 units) Seaside, OR
Reports to: Regional Manager
Coordinates: Site Maintenance Technician, Assistant Site Manager.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Valid driver's license and insurance from state of residence.
3. Legally qualified to work in the US.
4. 1-year experience with multi-family housing (affordable housing preferred)
5. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Gmail and Chrome internet browser.
6. Proficient with use of computer, fax, scanner, printer, smartphone, and tablets.
7. Ability to type at 30-words per minute.
8. Ability to type in 10-key.
Industry Certifications – (Recommended, but not mandatory):
1. Housing Compliance Manager / HOME
2. HCCP – Housing Credit Compliance Professional
3. C3P – Credit Certification Compliance Professional
4. ARM – Accredited Resident Manager
5. STARS – USDA Rural Development Section 514/515 housing programs
Viridian Syllabus Requirements:
1. Commence and complete Viridian Site Manager syllabus within 6-months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned.
1. Required to maintain the appropriate dress code, identification badge and a professional appearance.
2. Maintain communication, make all meetings, and complete assigned tasks.
3. Ensure the office is opened on schedule.
4. Supervise all site staff, property activities and daily operations.
5. Collaborate with on-site supportive service staff, informing supportive staff of any tenant concerns and/or notices, working together to promote housing stability and building safety, etc. 6. Walk the properties daily and check on vacant units. Inspect for safety and security issues.
7. Answer or record tenant questions and requests for service. Evaluate tenant issues and make proper suggestions regarding their requests.
8. Welcome and show the property to prospective tenants.
9. Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or management company.
10. Keep office and storage areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, and organized manner.
11. Conduct pre-move out, move out and quarterly unit inspections.
12. Conduct all core business processes to include leasing, resident relations, marketing, budgeting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
13. Screen applicants for affordable housing eligibility, maintain a waiting list of all applicant activities.
14. Maintain occupancy at 95% or per site goals as established by the Regional Manager.
15. Minimize vacancy, delinquency, bad debts and other rent-related losses.
16. Collect rents.
17. Oversee and adhere to the annual budget.
18. Manage tenant files for Move In/Out and Annual Recertification in accordance with Viridian company policy and applicable housing agency requirements.
19. Research local rental market and develop strategies to find and maintain quality tenants.
20. Provide consistent lease enforcement and management documents as required.
21. Appropriately handle evictions according to company and legal regulations when necessary.
22. Coordinate property owner requests with Viridian Management.
23. Work with maintenance staff to ensure timely follow-up to resident service requests.
24. Order and locally purchase supplies.
25. Be familiar with the following:
a. Landlord-tenant Law
b. Fair Housing policies
c. Viridian Employee handbook and policies
d. Regulations and Occupancy requirements for specific funding sources.
e. All federal and state housing handbooks.
f. Viridian Safety Manual
Performance and proficiency standards - To perform the job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following competency standards:
1. Effectively evaluate tenant issues and make reasonable decisions regarding requests.
2. Take every measure to protect tenant, client, and employee personal information and files.
3. Maintain respectful, productive relationships with vendors, tenants, and staff.
4. Complete essential tasks on time and thoroughly.
5. Seek out further education and advanced certifications that inform your job and better serve the company. Exhibit a willingness to learn.
6. Work in a safe manner with regard to OSHA guidelines and all company policies.
7. Attend all required training classes and seminars.
8. Follow the guidelines and rules contained within the Viridian Employment Handbook.
9. Maintain accurate records that minimize errors with regard to record retention and compliance to federal and state housing regulations.
10. Track all violations of lease or safety hazards and report to the Regional Manager, as necessary.
1. Ability to walk property and to climb and descend stairs.
2. Ability to occasionally lift 10-15 pounds.
1. Integrity - Act ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others. Be professional.
2. Work Ethic - Understanding that if it is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Follow-through on assigned tasks until complete.
3. Teamwork - Ability to work with other staff in the accomplishment of a goal. Promote good relationships and mutual respect.
4. Communication - Utilize clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to minimize friction and maximize cooperation.
5. Positive Mental Attitude - Work with the belief that together we can accomplish any task. Help others and be willing to be helped in accomplishment of the company's mission. Be friendly and courteous and strive to generate a positive mental attitude in others around you.